Friday, September 11, 2009

My journey through breastfeeding

this is an emotional entry.

i have tried to breastfeed kamila and give her my breastmilk through bottle nearly one year.only 3 more days till one year. this past few weeks as i've moved to a new working environment and job scope, i have started to not pump accordingly to schedule. just only a few times in the day. and sometimes, i skipped my supposedly pumping schedule as i hev meetings, seminars,courses and ad hocs meetings to attend to.

i have tried to focus on more pumping.but, at home, i cannot manage to pump as i would be tired from work and focusing with kamila and would retire to bed early.(kamila would usually not let me leave her when she's not in a good mood even if her father is beside her). so, that makes me feel so tired and feel not energized. i have tried taking supplements to boost my milk production, but to no avail. it only gave a positive side effect after a while taking it. after not consuming it for so long, my milk production becomes lesser.


so,right now, i feel tired of this breastfeeding thing,and may decide to stop my journey.but, i am feeling that its too soon. i wanted my baby to get the best, and provide her the best in everything.so, i have to try and get back on the track, and try not to feel so stressed out.

but, HOW???????? please someone out there that could help me.that could advise me what to do.....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

salam hanna,

kakyong rasa elok lah you bertenang dulu.. stress out memang not good for BF mommy.. terutama yg pumping mcm you..
utk bykkan susu.. kurma is gud.. very2 gud actually.. selepas berbuka sehingga sebelum u masuk tidur.. cuba makan 8 - 10 biji kurma.. bukan sekaligus.. tapi ansur2.. minum secawan air setiap sejam, at least..

bawa2 juga solat sunat.. sejuk & tenangkan hati... jgn putus asa utk terus BF kamila... baru 1 tahun.. sian kat kamila.. mcm aliya memang tak mo botol.. so kakyong just bg ruang utk diri sendiri.. working mom memang letih.. tp cuba lah bertenang..

gud luck ya...